About the show
Stories in Theatre in association with Le Fils du Grand Réseau presents:
The hilarious misadventures of three eccentric and lovable anti-heroes crammed in their wacky rooftop bedsits. The funniest show in Europe comes to Edinburgh after a sell-out tour. The Molière Award for Best Comedy Play winner is a true physical comedy extravaganza!
Paper-thin walls barely separate three neighbours who strike up unlikely and moving friendships. The show packs a punch with technical genius, an incredibly realistic set, and tricks and surprises that shock and delight audiences.
Fishbowl premieres in the UK, expect Charlie Chaplin and Mr Bean antics.
“1001 gags” (Le Parisien)
“A comic explosion” (Télérama)
“Belly-wrenching laughs” (Le Figaro)
Fishbowl is the UK adaptation of Bigre, which premiered at Le Quartz, Scène Nationale de Brest in June 2014 and was produced by Le Fils du Grand Réseau Theatre Company in association with Le Quartz, Scène nationale de Brest / Théâtre de l’Union – Limoges, Centre Dramatique National du Limousin / Théâtre de la Croix Rousse – Lyon, Lilas en scène, Centre d’échange et de création des arts de la scène.
Cast and creatives
- Fishbowl is a show by Pierre Guillois, co-writtten with Agathe L’Huillier and Olivier Martin-Salvan
- Performed by (in rotation):
- Director: Pierre Guillois
- Assistant director: Robin Causse
- Set design: Laura Léonard
- Costume: Axel Aust
- lighting design: Marie-Hélène Pinon and David Carreira
- Hair/wigs/makeup: Catherine Saint-Sever
- Sound : Roland Auffret and Loïc Le Cadre
- Special effects: Abdul Alafrez, Ludovic Perché, Judith Dubois, Guillaume Junot
- Set Builders: Atelier JIPANCO and the technical team at Le Quartz, Scène nationale de Brest
- Executive Producer: Olivier Pierre-Noël for Stories in Theatre Productions
- In Association with: Compagnie Le Fils du Grand Réseau, Brest, France.
- The Edinburgh Fringe run has received the support of Spectacle Vivant En Bretagne.
- Compagnie Le Fils du Grand Réseau is supported by DRAC de Bretagne, Ministère de la Culture.
- Associate Producer: Adeola Akande
- General Manager: Heather Ruck
- Production Assistant and Street Team Manager: Michael Gouldney
- Edinburgh Fringe 2019
Pleasance Courtyard (The Grand), Edinburgh, UK
31 July-26 August 2019
Molière Award for Best Comedy Play, Paris 2017
Press & media enquiries
PR: Chloé Nelkin @ Chloé Nelkin Consulting
- +44 (0)203 627 2960